Katruwar Arts, Ratanlal Kabra Science and B. R. Mantri Commerce College
Parbhani, a district of Marathwada region, is predominant by backward not only in economic but also in socially and cultural aspects. It was a part and parcel of erstwhile Nizam’s State. The main stay of the people of this region is agriculture. Living under such stressful conditions people could not afford to send their wards to cities for higher education. Hence, the people of the town proper and surrounding villages decided to establish a college to cater to the educational needs of the poor and the studious students of the taluka. By taking into consideration all this matter, under the chairmanship of the Late Hon. S. G. Nakhate (Ex-MLA and Ex-State Minister for Transport), the traders, farmers and educationally cautious people came together to establish the PathriTalukaShikshanPrasarakMandal in 1971, which runs the Katruwar Arts, RatanlalKabra Science and B.R. Mantri Commerce College since 1972. Our Education Society and Trust Pathri Taluka Shikshan Prasarak Mandal was established and registered in 1972 under the Provisions of the Societies Registration Act 1860 and the Bombay Public Trust Act 1950. It was really a difficult task to establish an educational institute in the backward town like Manwath(then Taluka Pathri District Parbhani). Recently, Manwath has been declared as a separate Taluka by the State of Maharashtra. However, the Pathari Taluka Shikshan Prasarak Mandalhas extended its wings by adding one Primary Marathi Medium School, one Primary English Medium School, two High Schools, two Junior Colleges, one HSC Vocational unit and one Pharmacy College.
Besides, Manwath and Pathri area under the Nizam regime was not only educationally but also economically backward one. In this situation, this institution came into being under the incentive by the then MLA Shri S. G. Nakhate, ShriKanchanraojiKatruwar, ShriAnandramjiMantri and Shri Ratanlalji Kabra, who provided financial support which resulted in the establishment of this institution. Besides, these most generous people, the business community, agriculturists and the educationally interested gentry extended their financial help to this pious cause. The share of Municipal Council, Manwath and Market Committee, Manwath, was also equally important.
Late Shri S. G. Nakhate, Ex-MLA and Ex-State Minister for Transportand the Chief Patron of the PathriTalukaShikshanPrasarakMandal, founded the Katruwar Arts, RatanlalKabra Science and B. R. Mantri Commerce College in June 1972 with an aim to educate the students in the vicinity for their social, economic and cultural upliftments.The College started functioning in June 1972 in a rented building of old Lahoti Estate for a period of eight years during which time a new building was constructed. Initially, the College started courses in Arts, Commerce and Science and were allowed to grow naturally to become a full-fledged degree college. The total strength of the College was only 176 which today is1051. We are proud to say that we have started a PG programme leading to M. Com. The objectives of our College are very specific in expanding the mission of education upto grass root level considering the rural background for the development. Since the last four decades, with ceaseless efforts of the staff, the College has been constantly encouraged by our Honourable Trustees and the College has practically brought laurels in ‘Educational Revolution’. The College constantly strives to have all-round development of socially and educationally backward students. The efforts of the College have also been recognized by the NAAC twice and even the SRTM University, Nanded declared the College as an ideal Institution. The College also has ISO 9001:2015 Certification.