Delineavit et Sculpsit was founded in Leiden on 17 November 1999. It
is registered at the The Hague Chamber of Commerce (28084004).
The periodical was launched in 1989 as an initiative of three
curators and teachers at the Leiden University Print Room (since 2002
incorporated in the Special Collections of Leiden University Libraries),
and was until 1999 published by the foundation ‘Vrienden van het
Prentenkabinet der Rijksuniversiteit te Leiden’ (Friends of the Leiden
University Print Room).
The foundation is a non-profit organisation conforming to Dutch law
and aims at publishing the journal of the same name as well as books
related to Dutch and Flemish Old Master prints and drawings until around
1850. So far, the foundation has only published the journal.