St. Aloysius’Anglo Indian High School is the oldest Roman Catholic institution in Visakhapatnam, which was established in 1847 and recognized by the Government in 1860. It was in 1864 that the institution was placed under the patronage of St. Aloysius and was thereafter named St. Aloysius’ School.
Until 1940, the students were chiefly Anglo-Indians. To satisfy the desire of many Indians who wanted an English education for their children, the government relaxed the rules and soon non-Anglo-Indians were admitted into the institution thereby catering to the educational needs (of boys only) of all sections of society. It is managed by the Missionaries of St. Francis de Sales (M.S.F.S.) and is assisted by a staff of qualified and experienced teachers.
The School has classes from LKG to Std X and prepares its students for the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE – New Delhi).
The students are assigned to ‘Four Houses’ viz: Gandhi Houses, Nehru House, Sastri House, Kennedy House through which various Curricular and Co-curricular activities are conducted. The students are also encouraged to maintain their “Social Responsibilities’ through the SOS Organisation to lend a helping hand to the less fortunate students within the school and outside.