Public Higher Secondary school of silchar town is one of the oldest schools of silchar. It was established in the year 1942 when whole country was Under Quit India Movement. Primarily the school was established in a small cottage at Premtola, silchar and thereafter under the able help of the generous people of silchar it was shifted at the present place by constructing a thatched hut in the place which was leased land of Radhamadhab Akhra. Gradually under the able guidance of the people of silchar, Public H.S. School fully came into existence.