Kesoram was founded in 1919 under the name of Kesoram Cotton Mills Ltd. From its humble beginnings as a cotton textile mill in Calcutta, Kesoram expanded into the production of rayon. Its first rayon plant was built in 1959, with a production capacity of 4,635 metric tons of rayon yarn per year.
The spirit of entrepreneurship did not end there. Kesoram soon entered the tyres and cement industries. A change of name was needed to reflect the companyâ€™s increasing portfolio of businesses. So in 1986, it changed its name to Kesoram Industries Limited.
Since then, Kesorams operations have grown from strength to strength. Its reputation is recognised today by its listings on four global stock exchanges â€“ National Stock Exchange of India, Bombay Stock Exchange, Calcutta Stock Exchange Association, and the Societe de la Bourse de Luxembourg.