The Year 1892 witnessed the transfer of an Arya Samaj eveninig school from Meerut to the valley of Dehradun. That sapling grew and developed as D.A.V. School. Gradually growing, extending its branch it turned as Dayanand Anglo Vedic Post Graduate College, Dehradun in 1948 with the help of people like Thakur Puran Singh Negi who donated his entire immovable property to this educational institution.
It nurtured well on the principles laid by Swami Dayanand and was also influenced by Anglo Education System. It has now emerged as one of the most famous premier institution of Northern India after independence and the biggest college of Uttarakhand State having all the five faculties viz. ARTS, SCIENCE, COMMERCE, B.Ed & LAW comprising twenty one disciplines.