Siliguri College was established on October 8, 1950 and has over fifty years of educational excellence to its name. Originally established with the aim of providing refugee students quality education in the wake of independence and partition, the college has since then emerged as a premier educational institute in North Bengal.
Though, the college was affiliated to University of Calcutta in 1962 the college came under the aegis of North Bengal University. Currently, the college has grown to a strength of three thousand students and a hundred and thirty teachers, spread over twenty one departments. The College offers honours and pass-course programs in both arts and science subjects. Our faculty and staff constantly endeavor to impart holistic education for all round development of the students. Our approach to education is not just to guide our students to become university toppers but to become citizens contributing to the overall development of the society.